Time doesn’t always allow for updates on my website. Social Media by design is quicker to update… So, If you want to stay up-to-date on my journey, stay in touch via social media:
Facebook Click Here Instagram Click Here Twitter Click Here YouTube Click Here
Welcome to my website! It documents my life's
journey to date, years of highs and challenges.
I am passionate about Making A Difference in the world. I have been blessed in many ways and at the same time have had many challenges to overcome (as you will see throughout my website). I try and Make A Difference where ever I can. Health issues, age and having a disability don’t always allow me this privilege as often as I would like.
I trust my story will leave you inspired...even if it is just a little, then everything I have gone through is worth it!
The good news is that bad news can become good news, if you simply change the way you think about it.
I was given a 2% chance of survival at birth. A few doctors told my parents that I wouldn’t be educated and I wouldn’t have a quality of life.
Let me tell you, a chance, no matter how small, is all that any individual needs to do great things and become a great person.
My life has taken me in many directions and I have been blessed in many ways. I have played sport for my country; I have started a business from scratch, I have studied in the Allied Health Professions, at the age of 39 I received my Honours Degree in Journalism and I have enjoyed a pretty long career in the media. Most importantly, I have been able to get involved in many projects that have Made A Difference in the lives of others.
Over the years, I have been the "brains" behind a number of life-changing initiatives. Currently I am playing a part in the media and entertainment industry.
I have been blessed in many ways and learnt many valuable lessons. I have been very fortunate to meet, interact with and interview many interesting, influential and significant people in my life. I have learnt so many things from these amazing people and I hope to be able to share some of these great learning’s with you.
As you sow, you reap. What goes around, comes around. Two of the biggest lessons I have learnt, is to give and to bring about positive change.
Every successful person that I have had the privilege of meeting and
interviewing over the years (and I mean successful at many levels, not just
business), has been naturally giving in nature and has brought about positive change. I believe their success can be attributed to their giving nature and passion to bring about positive change in the world.
Anyone’s success can be attributed to some philosophies / universal laws:
1. You must love what you do so much, that you are prepared to do it for free BUT you must become so good at what you do, that people will be prepared to pay you to do it.
2. If you give, you will get, but you mustn’t give to get. Your intentions must always be pure.
3. If you continue to think, the way you have thought, you will continue to do the things you have done. If you continue to do the things you have done, you will continue to get the things you have got. As you think, you are. Garbage in, Garbage out.
Probably the most important thing I have learnt is that LIFE is indeed all about Making A Difference. Many people have Made A Difference in my life and in the true spirit of giving back, recycling good energy and paying it forward, I am committed to go M.A.D. (Make A Difference) wherever I can. I hope YOU are moved to go M.A.D. too.
The pillars I live by are:
1. As you think and say, you are! Thoughts lead to choices, choices lead to actions, actions lead to consequences.
2. You are the company you keep. Not just people you have in your circle but everything you see and hear as well. Garbage in, garbage out.
3. As you sow, you reap. Do, not to get, do, to make the world a better place than the way you found it.
4. The sincerity of your intentions will ALWAYS determine the success of your actions! Do things for the right reasons!
5. Always remember that you are blessed going in, you are blessed going out. You are the head not the tail, you are above not beneath and everything you put your hand to will prosper!
6. You are only limited by the limitations in the minds of others…and yours…So, NEVER let anyone limited you and be careful to not limit yourself in your thinking.